New from Colorado

sjsco

Would like to introduce myself, my name is Steve, I'm now retired and have the great urge to get into the HO trains. Over the years I've found that some of the best information you can get is from these forums. I have quite a bit of O gauge structure's and trains, but with my absence in the model trains I've found that the cost has went way beyond my financial means. So I'm looking into selling what I have and going to HO. I think most of what I have is Lionel. Looking forward to reading the forum and getting advise from the people who have been in this through the years. Thanks

Hi Steve, welcome! I'm in Colorado too, live in the north Denver area.

You go to Caboose Hobbies? I'm there like once a week. LOL

Welcome to the forums, Steve. You'll find this to be the best site on the web for all things related to model railroading. Hope you have a smooth transition to HO from O. Lots of people here that can help with any questions you may have.

Motley: I'm southeast of Denver, just north of Elizabeth. Yes I've been to Caboose Hobbys. Nice place!

Hi Steve, and welcome aboard! We are glad to have you here. I think you'll find this to be a great, friendly place to help you enjoy model railroading to its fullest.

Other than a switch to HO, what layout plans do you have in mind?

Welcome, Steve. The generally accepted wisdom is that most of us like to go up-scale as we age and our eyesight and manual dexterity make it necessary. The larger trains don't suffer so much, and we can appreciate all the detail on them that the smaller scales don't show so well. However, I know some diehard N scalers who would rather fight than switch, and who very much enjoy their scales. So, do what you must, but it might be a better idea to build on what you have...at least, in the long term.

Just sayin'...

I think I've been to colorado.........brain is fuzzy.......oh yes.....I remember mountains and stuff. :p

Mike

Back