New Dispatch Panel for the Lake Shore Lines

grumpybob

Lake Shore Lines
I just finished creating a control panel for the Lake Shore Lines. I used the PanelPro from CMRI to create it. It represents the section of the layout that where the switches are operated from switch machines. I am using an old laptop to operate it and have a 9 pin serial cable conected directly to the DCC systems. At this point, now all I have to do is click on the switch i want to throw and the direction of throw. Then i can watch the machine on the layout move.

Comments, thoughts?

Looks great, can you build a mechanicial version, ie switches, as well? using the same panel.

Ken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this a display on your laptop? I am converting my new layout to Bruce Chubb's CMRI and will eventually try to create a track plan on the CRT that I can use as a CTC control center.

Bill

Ken,

Not easily, I would have to contact a friend who has the lazer cutting system that could transfer this to what ever he uses for templates. Since the switchit's have the capability of having Momentary push buttons being attached, then i could run the wire to the panel.

Bill,

that is the display on my laptop. I would love to do the J/MRI, but need the funds to get the sensors and eventually the signal system set up. Both can be added. I also can open up another window which displays any routing i might need and by clicking on the route will activate the switches both on the panel and the RR.

Back