New Car spells trouble for the BN Allen Sub!

FoamersNW

The Chief
Recently on Brent Strongs' BN Allen Sub was interchanged a new car that raised a bit of a ruckous on the union represented BN line. This new was interchanged from the MRL at Field and came west on the M-FLDALL (Field - Allen Yard) train where it was goto Industrial Supply for a load of pipe to head back east. The problem occured when folks realized that it came from the non-union MRL. So, needless to say, the work slow down occured where the car was stacked further and further back in Allen Yard and not switched out. (Hey, ever hear of demurrage rates boys?). Well a few frantic calls back and forth and the Allen switcher was called in to make a special run to the East Allen Industrial District with the Trainmaster personally on board to ensure its proper and safe delivery!

1. Called out the yard, the 319 slows to pick up the TM. Note the 40-2 in the back - nice paint job Brent!!
2. Close up of our power for the move.
3. Rounding into East Allen past Hunter Bottling.
4. Shoving in to pull some cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
5. Pulling the cut out, waiting for the M-ALLFLD to clear the switch lead.
6&7. Close up of the MRL car.

The switcher is an Athearn SW1500 which I detailed with lots of add-on parts. Model outfitted like prototype photo.
MRL car is a Roundhouse model that I stripped and repainted and decaled with Microscale decals. No weathering yet, except for
trucks. I am currently working on a sister car as well as a CN bulkhead.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back