Need to scratchbuild a turntable control cab

Greg H.

I've got an old 1950's vintage Wilson's HO 16 inch turntable that I got on ebay that I plan to install on the 4 X 12 Virginian layout I'll be starting soon. It works fine but the turntable bridge is bare-bones; no control cab, no railings, no decking, no arch, nada. The only source for turntable details, Diamond Scale, is not yet back in business. The railings I can get from Walthers, I can do the decking with no sweat, and I can wait on the arch, but I would like to scratchbuild the control cab if I can get some dimensions from someone who has one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The control cabs varied from RR to RR, and many times on the same RR. I've seen wooden ones, metal ones and a combo of the two. Dimensions aren't important. My cabs are made from scraps from the junk box, and are about the size of a telephone booth.

I've got an old 1950's vintage Wilson's HO 16 inch turntable that I got on ebay that I plan to install on the 4 X 12 Virginian layout I'll be starting soon. It works fine but the turntable bridge is bare-bones; no control cab, no railings, no decking, no arch, nada. The only source for turntable details, Diamond Scale, is not yet back in business. The railings I can get from Walthers, I can do the decking with no sweat, and I can wait on the arch, but I would like to scratchbuild the control cab if I can get some dimensions from someone who has one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.I've got an old 1950's vintage Wilson's HO 16 inch turntable that I got on ebay that I plan to install on the 4 X 12 Virginian layout I'll be starting soon. It works fine but the turntable bridge is bare-bones; no control cab, no railings, no decking, no arch, nada. The only source for turntable details, Diamond Scale, is not yet back in business. The railings I can get from Walthers, I can do the decking with no sweat, and I can wait on the arch, but I would like to scratchbuild the control cab if I can get some dimensions from someone who has one. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Greg, I have a Wilson turntable I also purchased on Ebay. It is complete with motor railing and cab. My Problem Is I don't have any installation instructions for the table on my 4x12' layout. I think I can get the table installed on my layout with little difficulties. However, trying to figure out what each wire function is leaves me in a quandary. Is it possible for you to Email me any info on what each wire does what so I can get this thing in some sort of operating condition? I thank you in advance for any assistance you might send my way. Regards, PRRGuy39, twfavor@aol.com

Back