Need help on MTH Premier 20-3051-1 DCS

richs_trains

Hello, I am new here and hoping this is the place to get some help. I was very much into model Railroading about 12 years ago. I collected quite a number of MTH trains and they have been good for me. I fell out of the hobby when my wife was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and I took care of her full time. She passed away in 2017 and I am now trying to go through what I have and what still works.
This MTH Premier light Mikado 20-3051-1 w/ proto 2 worked when it was put away, but now it addresses and does a start up, but will not move. I tried all the things I could find on the Internet, but nothing has worked. They funny thing is, it won't move in DCS mode, but if I use a Z750 and a controller, it runs fine.
I have taken it apart several times and checked all the connections, I tried the neutral unlock and a factory reset and nothing has helped.
It will do everything in DCS except move, lights, bell, whistle, couplers, freight yard sounds and arrival and departure, just no forwards or backwards. In conventional mode everything works like normal.
Any insight? Thank you, Rich

I'm more familiar with the HO variants, but doesn't DCS 2 have a battery that goes dead, and has to be replaced?

Reactions: Dub

Back