nce decoders

radar

dave
Am I beaning rough or does any body else have trouble with breaking the wires off right at the circut board.:( :confused:

I think you're being rough, but then again, I've seen a couple of decoder boards where the soldering seemed somewhat suspect. Of course, some of my soldering is suspect as well, but in any case, the wires are 'delicate' (24-28 ga?).

I tend to cringe myself when I'm ham-handing decoders into place, which is why I like the ones that have a harness/plug combo.

Kennedy

ACC the wire's insulation to the board and the insulation will take the strain.

Just a thought
Harold

Shoo goo, also works well, when applied the right way, and will also come off if you want it too as well. These wires (just like the circitron wires) are quite fragile. You need to take your time and to be careful when using them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoo goo sounds like just the thing,was going to try walthers goo but it won't peel off if needed. I use TCS decoders with plug the NCE decoders are for a buddy.

when I install decoders I always wrap them in electrical tape and over hang the tape a little over the wire connections to help the solder connections from moving as much.

Back