N Scale specific magazines.

NIevo

I am just getting started in N-scale after I realized I will never be able to accomplish what I want in HO. I am subscribed to Model Railroader but, have seen there are quite a few N-Scale specific magazines as well. They seem to all be bi-monthly and quite expensive though so I want to get some opinions before subscribing to any of them. Which are the best ones out there as far as getting your moneys worth. I love seeing reviews and layout tours. Scratchbuilding and kitbashing articles are ok but not something Im hugely into. Scenery clinics I do enjoy though. I also don't want one that costs $30 a year and you get 6 50 page magazines. SO what are your opinions about them and are they really worth the price? Thanks.

N scale Railroader ia nice. Also N Scale magizine is good too. I've really only looked at each a few time, and don't have a subscription, but I might look into a subscribtion.

I don't subscribe to any mags but pick up MR as well as N-scale and N-Scale Railroading(NSR) which are the two N-scale specific mags that I get from a local train shop and they both have good articles and are well worth the money. The only complaint that a lot of people have is it would be nicer if they were a month apart so at least we are getting a mag a month instead of 2 every 2 months. But then again I'd rather have that situation then non at all. Also with N-scale you can get their back issues in 2 cd's so you can go way back and see everything from when that mag started to pretty close to present.

I subscribe to N Scale Railroading. Since I would probably buy every issue at the hobby shop anyway, I figured a subscription was worth the price. ;) One complaint: there is no letters-to-the-editor column for corrections and feedback.

N Scale has a new editorial staff and is much better than it was a couple of years ago.

Model Railroader doesn't have enough construction articles and prototype plans anymore, in my opinion. Seems like every other article is written by Tony Koester. He's OK, but some variety would be nice.

Back