N Scale Ideas

NS&Eastern

Hi guys, been playing with XtrkCad for the first time. This is my bench plan so far. I'm wandering what I could put in an area like this. The center area Shaded gray are open floor. The orange is top of the bench for track, ect. This is a spair bedroom in our trailer. Small thou. Wall-to-Wall 7' 8" X 10' You are welcome to edit the drawing with any ideas you may have if you wish.
O' yeah, the bedroom door would be in the left rear, with a 2' section of floor leading to the full size of the room. 7' 8" X 10'
And each section will be modular. That way I can work on it in sections, if I need to.
Thanks in advance.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might have trouble reaching into the corners with that layout, and thus it becomes wasted space. You could very well use it for background scenery, but I think with limited space as you appear to have, every bit matters. Why not have a peninsula in the middle rather than the large rectangular sections in the corners? Like an "M" or an "E" shaped layout.

Usually, the track plan dictates the benchwork. That being said, I do think that the previous poster made some good points.

Back