N Scale Buildings

Lguitarjsm

Hi everyone,

I am new to this website and after many many years, just getting back into model rail roading.

When I was a kid, I use to have an HO train set that was oval in size.

I know have an N Scale train set. I had to switch to N scale because of space.

I set up my N scale train set in an oval shape.

I just bought my first N-scale structure of a railroad station. But it seems smaller in size then my N scale train, but it is nice.

My question is, is N scale buildings the best way to go with an N scale rail road (I assume yes - that is why I bought my first N scale building) or with an HO building look better with N scale.

So I don't want to buy any more buildings until I hear back from N scale RR modelers.

Thank you so much.

I am excited to hear back.

)

First welcome to our forum. You need to use N scale buildings with N scale models. HO will be Horribly Oversized as they are nearly twice the size as N scale. If you are used to HO scale as a kid, then everything N scale will look small.

Another welcome from me.
Be sure the structure is truly 160:1 N scale. HO is 87:1 scale and some Chinese sources try to supply 1:75 or 1:100 scale items for HO.
Some modeling suppliers try to sub 1:150 or 1:200 scale items for N scale. Be careful to look at the complete description when purchasing items from unknown sources.

First welcome to our forum. You need to use N scale buildings with N scale models. HO will be Horribly Oversized as they are nearly twice the size as N scale. If you are used to HO scale as a kid, then everything N scale will look small.
Thank you so much, I so appreciate your feed back!

Another welcome from me.
Be sure the structure is truly 160:1 N scale. HO is 87:1 scale and some Chinese sources try to supply 1:75 or 1:100 scale items for HO.
Some modeling suppliers try to sub 1:150 or 1:200 scale items for N scale. Be careful to look at the complete description when purchasing items from unknown sources.
Thank you for welcoming me.

Thank you for stating the dimensions, I had no idea!! That is a wealth of information. Going forward, I will check that the structure is 160:1 for N scale.

The first "N-scale" building that I bought and it arrived at my home is the:

Woodland Scenics PF5207 N Woodland Station Building Kit

Based on what you just told me, I went back to the web site (trainz) where I bought it from; but it didn't state if it was: 160: 1.

It just gave me the following dimensions: 4 1/32 w x 2 15/16 d x 2 1/2 h (10.2cm w x 7.46cm d x 6.35cm h) and that the building is N-scale

So then I went to the woodland Scenics website and it have no dimensions at all.

So I don't know if it is 160:1 :(

That is a bummer

Thank you

Thank you for welcoming me.

Thank you for stating the dimensions, I had no idea!! That is a wealth of information. Going forward, I will check that the structure is 160:1 for N scale.

The first "N-scale" building that I bought and it arrived at my home is the:

Woodland Scenics PF5207 N Woodland Station Building Kit

Based on what you just told me, I went back to the web site (trainz) where I bought it from; but it didn't state if it was: 160: 1.

It just gave me the following dimensions: 4 1/32 w x 2 15/16 d x 2 1/2 h (10.2cm w x 7.46cm d x 6.35cm h) and that the building is N-scale

So then I went to the woodland Scenics website and it have no dimensions at all.

So I don't know if it is 160:1 :(

That is a bummer

Thank you
If it's from Woodland Scenics, it more than likely is true N scale. It's the Japanese, and some European MFGs that sometimes has the 1:150 scale.

Back