My turn...

jbaakko

Diesel Detail Freak
Its MY turn to rant.

I've got a minor beef with the fellow doing Microscale's train decals (supposedly its only one guy). Here goes...

In order for one to decal a BNSF New Image (2005+ as Microscale calls it) wide cab unit, you have to shell out ~$6 for #1255, ES44DC sheets. However, the sheet ONLY does ONE unit (unless you're modeling the two test ES44's). They (he) went through the effort to include a number of locomotive type decals, to include a number of EMD's. There's only 4 stripes, which does NOT include enough to wrap the whole unit!

In the reply I received, the guy who doe the RR decals, says he's not sure there's a demand for an EMD or GE specific (EMD wide cabs have a different lower stripe), two unit decal sheet. Heck, he didn't even finish the ES44 sheet! They even have a standard cab repaint, and a switcher repaint sheet! :confused:

Its so simple too, EMD, include the same lower stripes from the SD70MAC H2 sheets, GE, just kill the extra test logos.

I think I need to apply to be a helper for the RR decal maker... :rolleyes:

Now I have to go and buy an SD70MAC sheet just to paint a New Image EMD, and have to scrape up some H2 stripes, to finish a Dash 9. Depressing.

Don't feel too bad Josh, I've had to "finish" a large number of decals in my time. ;) The technology's available, might as well make the most of it...

Beleive it or not, Microscale actually does lisen to complaints about inaccuracies. Their NKP caboose sheet had the "Radio Equipped" slogan at the wrong angle and the wrong color for the 400 series steel cabooses. I wrote them about this error and got two new sheets of decals free a month later with error corrected. Considering the fact they have 1500-2000 different sheets of decals out at any one one time, I'm surprised there aren't a lot more errors. But I feel your pain. :)

Yeah, I have to write the guy back one last time, suggesting more stripes, and explaining (in my mind) how easy it would be to throw togeather the EMD/GE widecab repaint sheet.

Back