My next layout...well nearly!

modelico

Hi evererybody. some months ago a friend of mine asked me to design his layout. He had some some previous attempts, but the outcoming stuff was quite dull. I was a bit reluctanct to tackle the issue because I knew he would ask me to give him a hand if he liked the design. The upper red circle on the left is a damp. There will be a 2-foot bridge spanning the subsequent cannyon. On the right we have thee bridges at two different levels crossing over a rivulet. There are both a standard -H0- and narrow -H0e- gauge branches and the size is abou 20 feet long and 11 feet wide.
There will be three different levels at one point and the minimum radius is 14,2 inches. The maximum grade is 2,8 %.
This is what I have given to him.
maqueta1001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the model railroad set in the USA, or Europe? 14.2" curves would be very tight for modern day equipment in the USA.

Thank you for your comments. The railroad is set in Europe. Specifically Spain. The era is sometime between the fifties and the seventies and yes, the 2,8% and 14,2" radius curves is for the narrow railroad

It is hard to tell, but it looks as though you might have some reach issues, particularly in the corners. In the lower right, it seems impossible to retrieve a car that got bumped off the rail behind those structures. The problem is compounded on the lower levels because you cannot get on a ladder and reach over the layout to reach. You have to crawl on top of the lower layout.

Back