My New Layout

Hi everybody hope all had happy holidays.I have not been on for awhile been real busy with the house,and still am but I have been fooling around with the track plan at night.I have made some more changes made it a little less cluttered.Here is what I have at the moment comments welcome.

TheL20161_zpshw3ckt1i.jpg

I have not been on for awhile been real busy with the house,and still am but I have been fooling around with the track plan at night.I have made some more changes made it a little less cluttered.
Did you loose the wing extension on the lower left for those three tracks to swing down into??

You certainly like your track Johne. Have you tried making this plan up with just a single mainline and then adding track or did you just copy a parellel track as you went?

You certainly like your track Johne. Have you tried making this plan up with just a single mainline and then adding track or did you just copy a parellel track as you went?

This layout actually started with Wombats original shed layout that I kept modifying until I got to this point.I do like the idea of one main and adding track as I go I may try that.

The idea with a single mainline to start with is it gives you opportunity to then add scenery , bridges, rivers etc, then figuring where the structures will go then you can add from there. Adding lots of track to begin with adds to the frustration of trying to squeeze in the above mentioned items.

example.jpgJohne personally I think that looks much cleaner , I've always found to best utilize realestate and to make switching interesting and not boring you must place industries strategically. I've posted a sample of what I had been working on two layouts back. Basicly I wanted a good flowing layout that a train would run at will but also some interesting switching possibilities that would not be too easy but at the same time give a couple hours enjoyment. This is just to give you an idea perhaps, not to mislead you on your track planning.

View attachment 55135Johne personally I think that looks much cleaner , I've always found to best utilize realestate and to make switching interesting and not boring you must place industries strategically. I've posted a sample of what I had been working on two layouts back. Basicly I wanted a good flowing layout that a train would run at will but also some interesting switching possibilities that would not be too easy but at the same time give a couple hours enjoyment. This is just to give you an idea perhaps, not to mislead you on your track planning.

Lynn I think your right I was trying to fit to much track in the space I have,the single main is the ticket and I will build on that.
Thanks for the help.

Well I finally started the new layout, took pictures as I progressed thru the bench work and the start of laying the track all temporary so I can make changes as I go.I went to download the pictures to my computer and pictures are gone cant find them on the computer or in the camera,anyway I have some shots of where I am right now.All constructive criticisim welcome.

IMG_1123_zpscxlicbas.jpg

IMG_1122%20-%20Copy_zpssnkydenm.jpg

IMG_1121_zpsmvkh6buh.jpg

IMG_1120%20-%20Copy_zpsqqqpp8my.jpg

IMG_1120%20-%20Copy_zpsqqqpp8my.jpg

IMG_1130_zpsj9rvft37.jpg

IMG_1126_zpswfvvbsn6.jpg

Back