My layout update picture... is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

I finally got all the track laid and all the electronics installed for the turnouts and auto reverse loop circuits. My goal was to have trains running by Christmas and I am happy to report we are ahead of schedule. I do still have a turnout that is giving me problems but that will be corrected soon.

I have included a picture for ya'll to check out. Yes I know, the grades are rather steep but in order to achieve what I eventually want to do with this layout it could not be avoided.

Comments are welcomed,


Lake Shore Lines
Looks good. Question though. On the back side rise after the switch the picture looks like there may be a slight s-cure in the rail. If in fact it is, you might want to straigten it out before laying scenery. bends like that do tend to be a problem later on.

Just a comment.


Careful of those plywood track boards. I've had trouble with those before. I made the base for a large yard out of plywood. When I soaked the ballast to glue it into place, the plywood delaminated in places.



Registered Member
Staff member
It's coming right along Bill, looks good, and neat bench work.
Cheers Willis

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section. - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.