My latest track plan

Hathaway Browne

Intrepid Adventurer
Well after much consideration, I once again shelved another plan reasoning that it would limit the view of the train to a short glimpse as it passed from tunnel to tunnel.

I've now come up with a revised plan, (draw in Inkscape). Basically the town will occupy the space to the right of the layout and the left will be hills and beyond that some sort of Brewery.

Ideally I'd like to put a road going from the Brewery to the bridge an linking it to the towns road. Not sure how I'm going to accomplish that though.

3266717765_f765607a27_o.jpg

My only concern is that this extension might be too long vertically. But it would give a great impression of depth to the scene.

My concern is that you have access to the top part of the layout. And that also goes for access to the trains in the tunnel.

My concern is that you have access to the top part of the layout. And that also goes for access to the trains in the tunnel.
Good point. I could probably put some sort of false fascia/access panel on the right hand side.

I like it, looks like a good plan
Thanks! :)

I've come up with one slight alternative... the town is relocated to the left (instead of the right) so it and the brewery form one large area, the rural area is now to the right (over the tunnel).

The other option I'm toying with is to put the brewery on the 4x8 on a spur and then have the 1x8 as a completely separate stand alone layout, (probably N), but I might be biting off a little too much there.:rolleyes:

that second idea IS biting off a little too much
and that is a good plan
for the tunnel, i believe model railroader covered removable hills a few months ago? that might be helpful

that second idea IS biting off a little too much
and that is a good plan
You see I've got my eye on an Kato Shinkansen model, so of course I'm looking at any excuse to buy it! :rolleyes:

for the tunnel, i believe model railroader covered removable hills a few months ago? that might be helpful
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to have a rumage and look for it. :)

I was contemplating at work today about the towns location and the road access.

Bridge over track = takes too much room...Level Crossing = reasonable, if fussy to make... so then I went back to the original idea of having the road going under the track.

EDIT: Here's a quick rough I've done to show the road idea. As well as a possible partial view block to the rear with some trees.

I've also created an identity and logo for the Brewery; Red Deer.

3272809458_6de912c9ab_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Back