My latest scratch builds

GaryMc

Been busy having fun building some structures for the town of grimy gulch. All the buildings are scratch built using various windows and doors and detail parts from grandt line and campbell scale models. I copied different ideas from several pictures of many buildings for the results.

Very nice Gary!
I'm thinking these are HO?
Been a long time since I've heard of Grimy Gulch!

Spent the last 3 weeks scratch building this, casted the walls from plaster and carved, used some craft paint for the color and washed with A/I. The wood walls I scribed all the lines and used black and brown A/I wash for color. The small doors and windows are by Grandt Line and not sure on the lamp shades.The smoke stacks where made from brass tubing and soldered together and the roofing material is black construction paper weathered with chalk.

Spent the last 3 weeks scratch building this, casted the walls from plaster and carved, used some craft paint for the color and washed with A/I. The wood walls I scribed all the lines and used black and brown A/I wash for color. The small doors and windows are by Grandt Line and not sure on the lamp shades.The smoke stacks where made from brass tubing and soldered together and the roofing material is black construction paper weathered with chalk.

Very nice work and inspiring.

It will be nice to see them in a setting. Hopefully we will be able to see them on some real estate soon.

Thanks guys for the comments :) It will be sometime before they get placed on my layout..still in planning stage and the room is full of stuff, so for now I just build structures and rolling stock.

almost looks like

we visited my son in crested butte , co and the bldgs in the town were almost exactly the same . really nice work congratulations .
mike

Back