My Introduction

Hoppy

Hello,
Name is Jim aka Hoppy is what my Friends call me. 44years of age married 2 grown kids and one 5 years old granddaughter. Model trains I work with are a DCC ho layout that takes up my third car garage, but in addition to working on the layout (which it seems that I spend more time working and building then I ever do running trains) I also like to tinker and try and rebuild some of the old trains. I am working on several American Flyers and refurbishing a silver streak for my father's 70th B-day this year, he too is into model trains and has been since a kid. not to meet ( in a virtal way) you all.

Thank you

I have been looking for such a place to share and exchange information. Hobby Shops are hard to come by nowadays and it seems as if Model Rail Roaders are a fading group, except for when someone is over at the house they always want to see the trains LOL

Isn't it funny how excited friends and family get when they see the trains. Every time people come over they want to see the progress. I think in my case they are just overwhelmed by the scale of the whole thing. I know to us modelers an 8x14 foot layout is smallish, but to the layman it's huge.

You're right about the lack of modelers out there. If it wasn't for these forums I don't think I would have gotten back into the hobby. It's nice to see what others are up to and draw inspiration from it.

I hope you enjoy your time on here.:)

Welcome Hoppy. We too love to see the trains. Post some photos of your work. This group loves to see them and nobody here will be-little your work no matter what your level is. Same goes for tastes and style. This forum respects each members work and encourages each other. That said, there are members that do some outstanding work that I think most of us can onlt aspire to. (Or maybe we don't.)

Back