My HO scale "Barn Layout"

Well here is a update. My layout seems to be ever changing. I have since riped out my old track plan and put a new one in. No more Helix.

IMG_9904.jpg IMG_9905.jpg IMG_9906.jpg IMG_9908.jpg

Hi,
that´s looking good so far.Nice work on the benchwork....looking very good....Keep it going,
Regards,Chris

I like the fact that you got rid of the helix. I've never been a fan of them; I think they can be a lot of trouble. However, they do have their uses, but with my layout size it wouldn't work. It's an 11x11 with an open center, requiring a duck under. I'm not thrilled with that feature, but it was that or not be able to do what I wanted.

I used a Woodland Scenics 3% grade to get to the upper level and it required a little over 11 feet to get to that level. It works for me so I can't complain! I've got some photos around someplace and will post them later.

Photoman475

I agree that eliminating the helix was a good idea; with an 80x40ft enclosure, you really don't have much need for an additional level to get some long mainline runs.

Hi there, Slow!

Your layout looks very good so far...Keep up the good work! I can hardly wait to see when it's finished! Cheers!

Back