My first project CPR wooden caboose

baldwin8

I have just started my first Railroad weathering project. The roundhouse kit of a CPR wooden caboose. A lot of researching for actual photographs. The kit is pre-painted for the most part but I still finding out how much was metal on the actual car so I can weather it appropriately.

Critiques and comments welcome.

View attachment 21670

View attachment 21671

Winton oils used so far, and it will take of coat of flat before much else is added.

Very nice fade effects, but alas...the MDC kit is not an accurate CP woody, not even close. TLT makes an accurate van in RTR. If building is your fancy, then try a Juneco kit, they're fun to build.

Regardless if it is an accurate model or not your weathering job is first rate in my opinion. That and the MDC Caboose casts less than half the TLT van.
I'm currently working on the Juneco CNR Caboose and then I have the Juneco CPR caboose to work on.

I have just started my first Railroad weathering project. The roundhouse kit of a CPR wooden caboose. A lot of researching for actual photographs. The kit is pre-painted for the most part but I still finding out how much was metal on the actual car so I can weather it appropriately.

Critiques and comments welcome.

View attachment 21670

View attachment 21671

Winton oils used so far, and it will take of coat of flat before much else is added.

i like the weathering you did and look forward to seeing it finished.

Back