My engine roster.

oh i'd imagine...Nothing about the big boys are cheap. That just makes them more sought after and more collectible. Theres a pretty cool game on Facebook called railroad empire, you should try it out. you don't even have to have a Facebook.
here's the link if you're interested:
http://www.therailroadempire.com/

I just got back into brass a couple of years ago so I have it as well as plastic. I have several project models that are in various states of (dis)repair. I have been collecting and building/bashing/painting for twenty years or so.
My Holy Grail is an Overland OMI #1440 Central of Georgia K-class 4-8-4 "Big Apple" with a Tsunami TSU-1000 decoder and a 1" hi-bass speaker.
My other brass has been re-geared, remotored and repainted by me where needed with Tsunami decoders....
3 United/PFM Southern Railway Ps-4 4-6-2 Pacifics
1 " /" Norfolk& Western Class A 2-6-6-4
1 " /" USRA Heavy Pacific 4-6-2 (soon to be Savannah & Atlanta 290 used in the movie Fried Green Tomatoes)
1 Sunset USRA 4-8-2 Light Mountain (currently being painted as Southern Railway Ts-1)
2 Empire Midland Southern Railway Ms Mikados (4501,one in freight black and the other in excursion green)
I'm buying used brass cheaper than I can get plastic models...they are more accurate than plastic for the prototype I'm looking for and are FAR more rugged. Plainly put, they last forever.
My plastic list is long and most have been modified in one way or another, be it paint, decals, DCC or all of the above.
2 BLI N&W Class A's 1218 and 1213(my birthday)
1 " " Class J 610
1 Spectrum " " 611
2 Spectrum Light mountains..SRR
2 " light 2-10-2 1 SRR and 1 C of Ga.
Diesel
1 SRR E-6 a and b in the two stripe"Tennessean" scheme (BLI)
1 C of Ga. E-7a BLI built/bashed, painted and decaled by me
2 BLI SD-40 SRR
2 Athearn SD-45's SRR...one has the Cannon Hi-hood added by me, the other is factory.
1 P2K SRR GP-30
1 Atlas SD-24, U-23b, SRR
I have several more locos in steam and diesel that are projects and do not have an identity yet...a P2K Berk that will end up as an L&N "Big Emma", a Rivarossi 2-6-6-6 that is painted and decaled as a C of Ga. fantasy loco, a Bowser Heavy Mikado shell that will go on the running gear of a bogus SRR 4501 to become a SRR Ms-4.
This is the result of MANY years of collecting, scrounging and LOTS of overtime shifts!!! I'll have some pic's of most of these models on my profile in a few days.
Take care, David

Back