My Babies! (amtrak p42s)

AmtrakFan14

Amtrak Fanatic!
Here are some photos of my 3 amtrak p42s in phase V paint! :D train numbers are #1, #47, and #207 ! all were bought of ebay!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can relate to searching and scheming to aquire ones babies. The first items I bought to begin my train layout.....before track or anything else....were these two intermountain FT's. They usually sell for $125-$150. I found a website store with these brand new unmolested units for $82.50 per A+B set. Unbelievable price! :eek: And I had to watch them for three weeks until I had the cash to buy them.....the whole time worried they would be soldout gone before I could get them. :mad::eek::(

Well, I now own them both :D (and a bunch more now too.....plus track, switches, rolling stock and DCC power).

Hope you're enjoying your new equipment!

Mike

Here are some photos of my 3 amtrak p42s in phase V paint! :D train numbers are #1, #47, and #207 ! all were bought of ebay!

They look nice :) Pretty sure I've seen #1 go through my town once or twice at the business end of the Downeaster.

I can relate to searching and scheming to aquire ones babies. The first items I bought to begin my train layout.....before track or anything else....were these two intermountain FT's. They usually sell for $125-$150. I found a website store with these brand new unmolested units for $82.50 per A+B set. Unbelievable price! :eek: And I had to watch them for three weeks until I had the cash to buy them.....the whole time worried they would be soldout gone before I could get them. :mad::eek::(

Well, I now own them both :D (and a bunch more now too.....plus track, switches, rolling stock and DCC power).

Hope you're enjoying your new equipment!

Mike

Loving the FTs! :D

Nice! Are those the Athearn HO ones? I've got a couple of those myself. How do they run? The ones I have don't seem to run too well and seem to derail where almost all of my other locomotives don't. Because of this I don't run them as much as I would want.

Nice! Are those the Athearn HO ones? I've got a couple of those myself. How do they run? The ones I have don't seem to run too well and seem to derail where almost all of my other locomotives don't. Because of this I don't run them as much as I would want.

Yes they are all athearn ho scale. They run pretty great! :D

That stinks that yours do not run well :( I hope you can find a way to fix them.

Ok I am considering buying a few somewhere will have to see if I can fit a decider and speaker inside? Any room under the hood? If not I'm sure I can cut away and make it work. They look great thou

Ok I am considering buying a few somewhere will have to see if I can fit a decider and speaker inside? Any room under the hood? If not I'm sure I can cut away and make it work. They look great thou

I wouldnt now XD Ive never installed dcc. And I dont think im going to either. idk

Back