MRC Prodigy Advanced DCC system

bbmikeinsa

I have an chance to pick up a 3-4 year old MRC Prodigy Advance system that is been stored since new. I'm a newbie and I'm wondering if this system would be fine for me (buying new DCC equiped Loco's and running a small room layout) or will I have problems because the technology is older. It's not the Squared version. Thanks for helping.

Mike

I have MRC Prodigy Express,and its fun and easy too use. So Advance should be just as easy to use.

-Damian

I like mine. simple to use and all the functions I need. only down fall I see is its not JMRI compatable and in Program track mode it sometimes needs a power booster to read some decoders. otherwise its so simple and easy to use.

The advanced 1st generation is upgradeable to the advance2 version with just a bios flash from MRC. So its definitely worth it to pick it up. I bought mine as a regular advance and sent it to them for the upgrade. It costed me $50 at the time for it, but its probably cheaper.
Contact Frank or someone at MRC service dept. for the upgrade and they will do it relatively fast.
As for it running alot of locos and being a relatively easy to use system, the only one that compares to ease, with the hardware capabilities is the NCE. :cool:

Thanks

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the quick response. It looks like I will go pick that system up. It seems like a great deal and it comes with 2 cabs. Thanks again.

Mike

Mike,

I have had many people tell me that they really like the MRC system so I would definitely grab it if its a good deal!

Back