Moving to ESU System

D&J RailRoad

Professor of HO
I had an opportunity to pick up a whole ESU LokSound system, so I did.
I'm not going to install it right away. I need to be able to use my Digitrax throttles with it because there are only two ESU throttles with this setup. I will need to get a L.Net adapter which integrates the Digitrax throttles to this system.
Yeah, I have already tested this type of system with the electronics of my system and it does work. It was just a matter of doing the total job of switching over to it and spinning up on how it works.

0128202006a[1].jpg

I'll be adding an ESU booster to it to support the classification yard operations. I also have three sets of BDL168s and SE8Cs to operate with it for the signal system.

Improve the reliability of operations. With the Digitrax I would get occasional dropping control of trains as well as an occasional gremlin activity where the system just wouldn't function right. Do a reboot a couple times and suddenly its all working correctly.
I've been working with a ESU dealer near me to see how ESU could work on my layout and still allow Digitrax throttles to be used and keep my signal control boards in the system.

Back