More Painting! An SP 2-8-0

I'm glad to see that nobody has a fit if we decide to do things a little different when it comes to color. I think these steam loco's look great in black with a little highlight here and there. I plan on doing the same.

I'm glad to see that nobody has a fit if we decide to do things a little different when it comes to color. I think these steam loco's look great in black with a little highlight here and there. I plan on doing the same.
Actually Pennsy's steamers were Brunswick Green which is a color Scalecoat does. It's a black with a very subtle green hint. Smoke and fireboxes were a dark graphite color. See Here: https://www.google.com/search?q=Pen...HQPuBX0Q9C96BAgBEBs&biw=1093&bih=521&dpr=1.25

BOY - The Pennsy had some monsters back then! I even see Lionel's 6-8-6 turbine in the fray there. I never could (as a youngster) figure out how it got it's propulsion?
That Great Northern ram was a favorite of mine - ----

BOY - The Pennsy had some monsters back then! I even see Lionel's 6-8-6 turbine in the fray there. I never could (as a youngster) figure out how it got it's propulsion?
That Great Northern ram was a favorite of mine - ----
The turbine was geared to the main driver, similar to what they do for marine propulsion. The concept proved too delicate for the pounding it took running on rails. It didn't chuff of course. Just a whooshing sound.

Last edited:
OK guys, remember the brief discussion we had on bargain brass? Looky what I found! A large collection of older models showed up on BrassTrains.com. I found this nice little 0-6-0 with a sausage tender. $125.00! It'll be here Saturday. My Fathers day present. It will get re-motored and non sound DCC, and the paint treatment of course. Maybe some detail part upgrades. One of those little motors I bought for about $2.50 off of e-Bay, and about $25 for the little Z scale decoder I like to use on these small engines. Brass on a budget!
DSC07706.jpg

Back