ModelFlex Paint

macjet

I've just about had it with ModelFlex. My first bad experience with them involved painting two SD60's in the wrong red because the bottle was mislabeled. My second experience involved painting two SD60 trucks the wrong silver because of a mislabeled bottle.

I painted (SF silver) two GP60 truck sets last night and they matched the other SF units perfectly. It was only then that I noticed that the SD60's were wearing the wrong silver.

Why can't they get this right? I understand different batches have different hues but I'm talking about stuff that is way off.

I think from now on Polyscale will receive my business.

I feel your pain. But, every company makes mistakes, this might have been a bad batch (mislabelled). Have you check elsewhere for the same paint and are they labelled correctly? If it was an isolated instance, perhaps you've been hasty. OTOH, if there's a lot of them out there like that.....

Kennedy

I think thats one of the reasons I have stayed with Floquil paints for over 20 years. I have never had a bad color match and they are easy to mix. I know some are less toxic and easier to work with, but I go with what I know.

Back