Model Railroader mag forums

jackn2mpu

I've been trying to find some old threads over on Model Railroader's forums from way before the change to the newer forum look. I login over there although one doesn't have to to search the forums. I get one search in and then get a 503 error. Happened yesterday (Feb. 19) and happened again today (Feb. 20). And it stays that way for pretty much the rest of the day.

I know there's a couple of people here who are or were posters over there - have any of you tried to get to the forums over there and what was your experience?

Yep, their server is down. Went down about noon their time yesterday and has been out since that time. They are aware of it I think as they now have a in house error page displayed that they have logged the error rather than the 503 web error of yesterday.

Wade posted late last night that they had a major server meltdown. It was back up, so I saw his post. Still wonky and slow (what's new?), and when I went back an hour later I had to log-in all over again. But just this minute I was on and it recognized my previous log-in.

Wade posted late last night that they had a major server meltdown. It was back up, so I saw his post. Still wonky and slow (what's new?), and when I went back an hour later I had to log-in all over again. But just this minute I was on and it recognized my previous log-in.
I had to log back in there. Then again I use Firefox on a Mac and have it set to drop any logins on exit from FF. Funny thing is it doesn't do that consistently - some forums like this one the login won't drop.

Back