Model Power 0-4-0 steam loco

Allaman

Hello everyone,
I am considering to buy this funny little steam loco (see image below). I know it's not very prototypal. All your opinions and comments are of great interest to me. Thanks in advance.

96505.jpg

Ah yes! The diminutive 0.4.0 locomotive.

I purchased a small number of 0.4.0 locomotives so my grandchildren could run trains on my layout.
They soon grew out of running them. "Papa has large diesels. They are much more fun."

I was now left with the 0.4.0 locomotives. I could sell them, but I began to like them. At the time I was researching the railways around Leeds (U.K.) in the Great War. What fun to run the steamers in a timeframe of 1914 - 1919. Okay it is not prototypical, but Rule 1 applies.

I run passenger trains, troop trains, oil tank trains and freight. Yes they are three or four wagons per train and passenger trains are two or three carriages in length. All going to a proper destination. All are a representation of the real. Most of all it is fun to operate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for yourself: It depends how you want to operate the loco?

A little switcher. A short train to a local destination. etc.

Not prototypical, but can be operated as if so. A great fun locomotive to have (imo).

Back