Micro Mark scewed up.......

I would have taken her apology and regret more securely had she offered to investigate their error and then report to me what the outcome was, including what changes/sanctions they had imposed on the errant staff or their handling policies. Something went off the rails badly, and a simple apology would not cut it with me. I'd want more meat.

Seriously? You need to know their internal details of how they might punish whoever made the mistake? Mistakes happen. They made it right; what more is required at this point?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never had a problem with micro mark. Except that unique thing you saw 3 years ago and now have a use for is no longer available. For freelancing they are one of the few places you can buy packs of DDO rolling stock. Some tools can be found cheaper if you spend the time searching at flea markets.

Seriously? You need to know their internal details of how they might punish whoever made the mistake? Mistakes happen. They made it right; what more is required at this point?

I am with Selector on this one, to a large extent. Companies make mistakes, that is true; however - in reality, there are no such thing as mistakes, accidents or the like. Those things are caused as a result of a deliberate decision that is made by "someone", a decision to be be lazy, to not care because they had an argument with their wife, because they hate the job but need one, they didn't read something properly etc etc etc ... So, an "error is made" and you call the company and speak to someone who is "trained" (supposedly) to say things that will appease the customer, not aggravate the situation and give the impression that everything will be okay.

Whoever you speak to "may be" the most sincere person in the world and genuinely mean what he or she is saying; however, he or she will generally not be the one physically dealing with the problem so he or she can say whatever he or she wants. Bottom line, talk is cheap, very cheap when it comes to companies admitting their problems, so yeah - I'd want some form of verification that the actual problem was fixed (at their end) as well, especially if it was costing me money or effecting what I was trying to do in some way.

I base a lot of value on how mistakes are fixed to make me 'whole' as the customer. How the owner handles issues is his problem. However I have worked with people who are harsh and that usually ends with the business eventually going under.

So you never make mistakes? When you screw something up it is on purpose?

Sorry, people do make honest mistakes - cut them some slack.

I didn't say people make mistakes on purpose, I said they make deliberate decisions which result in "mistakes" happening. That applies to me as well.

With regards to whether or not the customer should accept a simple apology:

As a general statement, the customer is owed what they bought at what they bought it for, and not to be deceived. Beyond that, how MM decides to handle the internal issues is up to them. If they take action and better their service, then I think this will benefit their company. But they also have a right to do nothing and accept (thru inaction) whatever consequences this will bring.

The customer has control over his or her own wallet, and can shop where he or she pleases. As some others have noted, there are certainly cheaper places, and this thread has discouraged me from ordering from MM.

I have been reading the replies to this thread I started and find them interesting. More on that in a minute. But first an update..... It is now June 23 and I have not heard from Micro Mark since my contact with them on the phone on June 9. The person I talked to assured me that they would send me the kit I ordered and a return address label to send back what they sent to me by mistake. And since that conversation......(crickets)

And now a couple thoughts on customer service...which is really what we are talking about here. I am in the customer service business and I can tell you that MM does a lousy job of it. I do not feel they need to tell me what steps they will take as a company to see this does not happen again. Heck.. they have not fixed the problem they created in my situation. But they do need to communicate with me since I called them and I have heard nothing since....I have no idea if the kit I originally ordered is on back order or if it got lost in shipping...who knows.... that is the reason that I will not be ordering from MM in the future...no excuse for leaving a customer hanging like that.

So now... do I use the switcher they sent me by mistake on my layout? Do I leave it boxed up and wait for MM to send me the kit I originally ordered? How long should I wait? I am sure that I can call Walthers and have the kit I originally ordered from MM in a week. I have ordered a different kit from Walthers since this all started with MM and it was at my doorstep in 5 days. Walthers will definitely get more of my business in the future.

Stay tuned folks...

Considering how much MM has said to you, and not as yet delivered (words are cheap) I'd leave the kit you bought from them, or should I say, got from them in the box it came in and order what you really want from Walthers. IF the return label etc and correct kit does turn up from MM, I'd send it all back for a full refund. If they want a reason, tell them - poor customer service, worse communication, unacceptable delivery time frame, wrong item first sent and so on and so forth.

While it might cost you, at least you will have what you want, and always did want, and from a reputable company. At the end of the day, what do you really have to loose? As it stands at the moment, your out of pocket because you still don't have what you ordered and paid for.

Back