Micro Engineering Rail Joiners

macjet

Does ME track require a ME rail joiner? I'm trying to put Atlas Code 83 joiners on ME track and they are too loose.

Thanks.

Jacob

Jacob, ME track pretty much requires ME joiners. You can use Atlas joiners to hold the track in alignment if you're going to solder the joints anyway but, otherwise, the Atlas joiners will never be tight enough to give you good electrical continuity. The ME track looks nicer because of the thinner cross section but the penalty is only being able to use their joiners.

Thanks Jim. That's what I was afraid of. I was starting to lay track on the Free-mo module but it looks like it will have to wait until I can get the right parts.

Thanks, Harold, I forgot about using the N scale joiners as a fix. Jacob, sounds like the people at your hobby shop have never used ME track.

Thanks, Harold, I forgot about using the N scale joiners as a fix. Jacob, sounds like the people at your hobby shop have never used ME track.

One shop gave me Atlas 83 and swore that they would work. The other thought I escaped from the nut house. I think I'm done trusting the LHS's.

Back