MB Klein Order Processing

SRN

I have an order in to MB Klein (modeltrainstuff.com). Everything on the order was in stock, allegedly, yet it still shows processing on every item after a full week. I'm not concerned, but I am curious.

For those who have dealt with them, is this sort of thing typical or unusual?

Thanks.

i ordered some stuff from them last week along with a train set from japan.
mail man dropped my package off from japan today. still waiting on mb klien
i just think its funny that japan to new york was faster then maryland to new york!!

It is unusual for a week to go by without some notice from them that they are stalled for whatever reason. I have ordered from them a couple of times in the recent two years, and they were quick to mail out my parcel within about three days.

Crandell

I ordered a locomotive from them about 6 months ago. The cart still said processing til about 4 days later when the UPS truck arrived at my front door with my purchase...

At that point I quit looking at the "your cart" page although it wouldve been nice to have a tracking #. :)

MBKlein is excellent though, but this may be their one Achilles' heel.

WELL i just got the phone with them and i'm a little PO:mad:
there order check is not working right according to the woman in shipping
the package was delivered by ups on friday 10/15/10 at 3:00 pm.
Well i work till 6:00 and my wife till 5:00. She asked if they could have left it on the side of the house or with a neghbor. Nobody is home during the day
and my yard is fenced in and the mailbox is on the street.
Do i call paypal and let them know about this????:mad:

No..Call UPS its their responsibility.

To many times I have found my UPS packages in odd places including behind my neighbor's rose bushes..:eek:

I now insist on USPS-at least they put my packages by the front door.

i thought i did use the post office, my mail man is real good about my
packages. but mbk said ups delivered it. :(

Did they give you a tracking number? If so, you can tell by the tracking number who sent it. Then give either UPS or USPS a call and find out where they left it.

For UPS, if they leave it with a neighbor, or somewhere else besides your front door, then they always include a note on the door indicating this. Or if they still have it and you need to pick it up.

we keep the gate locked with a clip that my two year old can not
open and sometimes we lock it when we leave for the day. If the gate
was locked and this ups person left the package at the gate then
everybody driving down my block could see the package..

You need the tracking number, then call whoever shipped it and find out where they left it. They may be holding it for pickup.

Yeah had the same issue.

I sent a polite email off to them and they said that it been actually shipped, and that the "processing" status system was't correct.

So yeah, nothing to worry about, they are usually very good.

Well, I found my MB Klein order. It was delivered several days ago. We have been getting a lot of deliveries recently, up to five packages a day, and it inadvertently got set aside with some stored goods.

I went a-hunting after I noticed that they charged my CC the day I placed the order. I assumed that they would not do that if the items weren't on hand and ready to ship, given their reputation. I knew there had been plenty of time for the order to get here. We have a very reliable UPS driver, good neighbors, and our house cannot be seen from the road, so I didn't even consider theft.

It took me about five minutes to find the package. I wasn't waiting for anything that was time critical, so it hasn't been a big deal. However, I would have been alerted earlier if MB Klein's website had been operational, or they had a notice on their web page that the status information might not be correct due to a software glitch, and that they were currently unable to provide email notifications of shipments due to said glitch.

I believe they owe their customers that much, since it's advertised as part of how they do business. Now, any time I go to place an order, I am going to wonder if I will get any notification and if the status information will be correct. That may end up making the difference on who gets my next order. Shipment status and tracking numbers are very important to me, as I often plan my activities around deliveries. I generally do not do business with firms that won't or can't supply that information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had this issue with them but used the tracking by reference number on the UPS website to track my package well before I got the official notice.

i have no problem with mb klein my problem is with UPS..
like i said my mailman knows the deal he will walk a package up to my door
or put it inbetween the screendoor and front door. The UPS guy did who knows
what

Usually, I have the package in hand the day they notify me it has been shipped. Normally the order is delivered 2-3 days after my order is placed. The most recent order was placed last Wednesday, and arrived on Monday which is normal via UPS.

Never had an issue with them.

I have an order in to MB Klein (modeltrainstuff.com). Everything on the order was in stock, allegedly, yet it still shows processing on every item after a full week. I'm not concerned, but I am curious.

For those who have dealt with them, is this sort of thing typical or unusual?

Thanks.

I have had this happen to me before and my stuff arrived way before MB updated their site. I wouldn't worry too much about it but if your stuff fails to show after a reasonable amount of time give them a call. I suspect they get too busy to update the web site.

Back