Making Track Sounds

T

tmiller

Hey guys.

I recently saw a video of a gentleman's N gauge layout that had the most incredible track sounds ever. It didn't matter where he was filming, you could hear the sounds of the wheels (clickty clack and braking), couplers, etc. It added a whole new dimenion to the layout!
I am wondering how that is done? I wonder if he simply had speakers around the layout, hooked up to maybe a MP3 player, or something similar. If so, can anyone tell me where I might get such sounds for my own layout?

Thanks for any help.

Ted

In most model train videos like that, people super-impose recordings of real trains when editing their video. If done right, it can really add to the effect.

Mark.

Hey Mark,

If that is the case, it turned out fantastic. Maybe like I said, some speakers around the layout, turned down to the proper volume so as not to be overwhelming otherwise. Something to consider.

Ted

Peroni,

Great little decoder. That may be what I am looking for. And the price isn't to bad as well. I am going to be at the National Train Convention in Cleveland this next weekend, and will try to stop by the Soundtraxx booth and talk to them bout this decoder. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ted

Back