Mail Call! Railway Post Office, commonly abbreviated as RPO has rolled in!

Well it is time for another new backdrop. After purchasing one and painting two others, I decided to try my hand at painting a third. Mostly sky and clouds but some landscape at the bottom is planned, I decided to try this white Kraft paper, which came in a 100' roll. I should only need about 30' but plan to maybe redo some of it since this is highly experimental,

IMG_4523.JPG

IMG_4522.JPG

It looks like I can work on about 9' at a time. Will be using spray paint as well as acrylics and brush. I think the roll cost about $45, it is 40# weight I think.

IMG_4524.JPG

let the fun begin (maybe later this week?)

Dave LASM

Well it is time for another new backdrop. After purchasing one and painting two others, I decided to try my hand at painting a third. Mostly sky and clouds but some landscape at the bottom is planned, I decided to try this white Kraft paper, which came in a 100' roll. I should only need about 30' but plan to maybe redo some of it since this is highly experimental,

View attachment 180434

View attachment 180435

It looks like I can work on about 9' at a time. Will be using spray paint as well as acrylics and brush. I think the roll cost about $45, it is 40# weight I think.

View attachment 180436

let the fun begin (maybe later this week?)

Dave LASM
Have fun. I will be watching this as I have had thoughts of doing the same

And the postie showed today!

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 1.17.48 PM.png

Aegis 5 amp DCC that works with a NCE Powercab, and makes the powercab wireless.

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 1.18.11 PM.png

My only complaint is that Aegis is a UK company, and this came from Iron Planet Hobbies in the US... see if you can spot the issue...

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 1.18.21 PM.png

Now, I'm going to have to get those foam risers glued down and put some track on the layout!

And the postie showed today!

View attachment 180614

Aegis 5 amp DCC that works with a NCE Powercab, and makes the powercab wireless.

View attachment 180615

My only complaint is that Aegis is a UK company, and this came from Iron Planet Hobbies in the US... see if you can spot the issue...

View attachment 180616

Now, I'm going to have to get those foam risers glued down and put some track on the layout!

Strange, the adapters are usually included when their items are sold overseas, but I'm sure Amazon will have them seeing you can't re-wire it to a US plug unless you want to void the warranty.

Strange, the adapters are usually included when their items are sold overseas, but I'm sure Amazon will have them seeing you can't re-wire it to a US plug unless you want to void the warranty.
I went back and checked my shipping notifications from the US distributor... yep. A second package is on the way, and I only ordered one thing. Hopefully it's a US power cord. If not, like you said, Amazon has plenty. They're the standard inline power converter, with a removable to-the-wall cord. One end is the standardized end, the other is the "local" country/region specific plug

I went back and checked my shipping notifications from the US distributor... yep. A second package is on the way, and I only ordered one thing. Hopefully it's a US power cord. If not, like you said, Amazon has plenty. They're the standard inline power converter, with a removable to-the-wall cord. One end is the standardized end, the other is the "local" country/region specific plug
This looks really neat. After you posted your photos, I went and did a quick read up on it. I'm an NCE wireless user, and really like alot of the fetures of this. I wonder if one could take their smart booster, and make it a 10A system?

Well I have been searching high and low for these cars over the years....

Yesterday, one of my FB friends that belongs in one of the UP model rr groups alerted me to a new run on these cars.

On the first run a few years ago they did not have or obtain the rights to use Union Pacific trade mark etc so that got hot with cease and desist order.

Anyways now apparently they now have that cleared up and have run a 2nd run on the cars.

I got the 8 car complete set PLUS 2 additional cars, the American Flag car and the Desert Storm Victory tribute car.

Very pricey. I hope that it will not disappoint me but we will know in a few days when they arrive.

Here is the link and sneak pics....

s827745699521621600_p254_i1_w1953.jpeg

s827745699521621600_p250_i1_w3270.jpeg

s827745699521621600_p249_i1_w3308.jpeg

They are gorgeous. The sound unit though are not the best rollers but I will work on the one I have on Monday
Mine are non-sound and don't roll the greatest either. Some better than others.

How are you going to attack the coupler replacement? There's a lot of detail parts on that coupler box obstructing the screw.

I wish on their Rivet Counter line they would at least use Kadees, but Yes, they are stunning cars, and I will add lots more to the fleet on future runs.

Mine are non-sound and don't roll the greatest either. Some better than others.

How are you going to attack the coupler replacement? There's a lot of detail parts on that coupler box obstructing the screw.

I wish on their Rivet Counter line they would at least use Kadees, but Yes, they are stunning cars, and I will add lots more to the fleet on future runs.
I have not really looked at coupler replacement yet. I ALWAYS replace couplers on my own cars to the Kadee whiskers. A few of my clients ask me to replace and on these 2 I will.

Other then unboxing and some minor testing of the cars I haven’t done anything else. I will get into thesev2 tomorrow

Good afternoon from a nice day in Wisconsin and a joyous one in the train room.

Another car has been received from HomeShopsLlc. This car a PC&F 5258 DD 50’ box car was created for a friend’s layout. Wisconsin & Upper Michigan is Bob Welke’s free lance layout located a few dozen miles north of me and a layout I have operated on. My first Rapido piece! W&UP 5899 is a welcome addition to my roster
IMG_4412.jpeg
IMG_4414.jpeg
IMG_4415.jpeg

The initial inspection, A+

A rarity lately, both couplers are dead on with the Kadee coupler gauge but will be changed anyway from Rapido’s couplers to Kadee #148’s
IMG_4411.jpeg
Homeshops.net is a distributor of free lance models from various home layouts across the USA

Back