Loooooooooooongest

Jannie

Share your info & pics on the longest train you've coupled together....any scale welcomed ;)

Here's mine......short for most on here,but quite long for me

AC4400CW + SD40-2 coupled to 3 Ontario Northern coaches,a 85 foot Trailer train flatcar,2 hoppers a Boxcar & finally a Caboose ;)

Gee, awhile back i hooked everything i owned together, i think i mightve broke double-digits too! :D Lol, i hate having a kids budget. :rolleyes:

Ive got some stuff coming in the mail soon, assuming it all runs on my layout, i should have about a 16 car consist :eek:, pulled by a total of 8 locomotives :D Overkill? Nope, sir, these cars are filled with lead :D

For now heres a shot i took over the summer, not my longest consist, but the only train pics i have on the computer.

Heres Adirondack and Northern Ex-CP Rail 3018 and Ex- something 10 pulling a 4 car train through the gravel pit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no pics but I once tied everything I owned to my 0-6-0 and again to my GP35 diesel to see if they would pull :confused:, and that they did.
At the time I had 46 cars and that about made it around my {very} small loop of HO track without connecting to the loco again.:)
________
NEXIUM LAWSUIT SETTLEMENTS

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll hopefully soon have 100+ rolling stock & then a total of 16 locos + my 200 ton crane......Wonder how that's gonna look coupled together?! ;)

I've run 100+ car trains before.....Maybe i will video one today once i'm done the other things i'm going to do at the club.

i regularly run 100 plus at our club and my BLI has the club record @ 165. Now that being said I did do a 238 car train with mid and end helpers. ( I love my 80macs:)) Mostly bethgons with some other cars mixxed in. After our open house at the club we will be setting up another 1 and video taping it. I think I read somewhere on here a member had 250 plus cars at his club:eek:.

Ok, here's mine. Certainely not the longest you've seen. but all I have. Actually everything split between two trains.

^Very Nice! Where can we see more of your layout?Looks interesting :)

Thanks Jannie, the part of the layout you can't see is a mountanious area, the pics are posted in this forum, but here are a couple again. You might remember seeing them before.

Back