Looking for steam locos that smoke

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.

cajon

Agree wholeheartedly with montanan about smoking model locos, whether diesel or steam, produce a very POOR EXCUSE for smoke. Besides, no maker advertisements show side by side comparisons!!!!

MikeM

Agree wholeheartedly with montanan about smoking model locos, whether diesel or steam, produce a very POOR EXCUSE for smoke. Besides, no maker advertisements show side by side comparisons!!!!
Some smoke better than others and you can make them smoke even more with mods but if my BLIs smoked anymore you couldn't run them in the house. LOL Black smoke in the house would be an instant boot to the curb. :)

montanan

Whiskey Merchant
We have one guy that runs a Yellowstone at the club and sometimes the smoke gets a bit thick.

I can remember visiting relatives in Northern Indiana and if they heard a steam locomotive approaching and had laundry hanging on th eline outside, they would get it off the clothsline and into the house in no time. did not like the black smoke at all.

flyboy2610

Loveably weird
That's like the strange signs they have at checkouts, especially in the smaller grocery stores here. "Smoking products will not be supplied to Minors". I keep looking for stuff on the shelves to see if any are smoking. Have never found any, so I guess all the Minors are pretty safe.
Ever notice that the signs that read "No shirt, no shoes, no service." never mention pants?

Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

ModelRailroadForums.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

RailroadBookstore.com - An online railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used railroad books. Railroad pictorials, railroad history, steam locomotives, passenger trains, modern railroading. Hundreds of titles available, most at discount prices! We also have a video and children's book section.

ModelRailroadBookstore.com - An online model railroad bookstore featuring a curated selection of new and used books. Layout design, track plans, scenery and structure building, wiring, DCC, Tinplate, Toy Trains, Price Guides and more.