Looking for some modeling help in the Pacific Northwest.

Dan Pollino

Hello everyone,
My name is Dan. I live in Easton, Washington, and have recently been making HO-scale models of interesting Kittitas County buildings.
I'd like to take a few pictures of my models in a layout, but I currently don't have one of my own. So, I'm looking for someone with an HO scale layout who would be willing to let me take a few pictures of my models. I'd be happy to give you a copy of each model if you're interested. I've attached some pictures. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.

Dan
danpollino@gmail.com

OHB-01.jpg

01.jpg

Wow, sir! I'm sure I don't need to tell you this is top class work. Contest quality work.

If I go up to the attic in my parents house (it's been years, but I have done--their house was built in 1936) I see construction pretty much like this. The only real difference being the asphalt sheeting above the...horizontal stringers?...but below the shingles. A water or vapor barrier, but only of the technology of the day.

Spectacular work, truly. Right down the weathering...aging.

------------

The second house really caught my eye too. IIRC that very same 45 roof angle/90 degree peak house--perhaps publisher Robert Hundman's own model of it in fact--was on the cover of an issue of his "Mainline Modeler" magazine back in the day.

A real eye catcher that one. Color scheme in his case...tan/brown siding with a dark green roof, and medium or dark green trim on the windows, frames and muntins/mullions too. IIRC too, the real house was located somewhere in Washington state. The six pane upper sashes were single panes...or perhaps four panes, although my memory says single...

I did build myself, somewhere in the distant past, a part-finished model of that same house, and based on that very magazine article. I recall his windows were built up on a solid styrene base, and were not the more common "Grandt-Line" castings often used for the same*

[* I'm sure many of us used those castings too, back in the day]

Am I possibly right about this?

Last edited:
Thank you for your kind words! The house is on Water Street in Ellensburg, Washington. It was built in 1886 and used as a Catholic rectory for twenty years before becoming a private residence, then finally a salon. I haven't finished painting it yet, but I have added some pictures of the color scheme and the
IMG_2905.jpg
IMG_2873.jpg
original house. Thank you again!

Great work Dan!

Build a diorama. Crop the view. :)

I staged this scene years ago.
The big hook was needed for a situation on the Broake&Howe.

Attachments

• 500_Hooper_s.JPG
    500_Hooper_s.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 24

Back