Looking for earlier coalporters & bathtubs.

bnsfjason

Maintenance in the way
I have been looking and searching for some earlier coalporters & bathtubs produced by Athearn and Walthers, those earlier cars or car sets are difficult to find nowadays, anyone got some ideas on how or knows the where abouts on where I can find em?

I've got about 20 Roundhouse 50' Thrall Bathtub Gondolas in BN (15) and (5) ATSF paint schemes I can sell ya if ya want them. Some of the kits are unbuilt, but all parts are with every car and I put in kadee #5 with them.
These are original Roundhouse, before Athearn acquisition.
PM me or email me ewwestsr@mchsi.com :cool:

Edit: these are bathtub gons; the BN's are 4000 cuft, 125 ton; the ATSF's are 4000 cuft and 100 ton. I can post pics if you need them.

Last edited by a moderator:
atsf.jpg

Thats a NS Johnstown coalporter sitting to the left of it:
bn.jpg

Heres 1 of the DRGW I got with them, but these aren't for sale, lol
drgw1.jpg

I'm actually looking for more of these, Athearn & Walther's had these earlier productions of these cars between 1999 & 2003 or 2004.
If anything those were Johnstowns, Aeroflo?, or similar.

Bethgons

Here you go. Walthers Bethgon Coalporters 6-Pack BN Set #2.

Already upgraded with metal wheels, KD5 Couplers, Added weight, and each car has a custom removable coal load made with real coal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't mean to hijack your thread and didn't want to start another one since there is a topic going already. My question is simple. Weren't all Walthers Bethgon's all 11 or 12 panels?

Back