Looking for Double Dog Bone Layout Help

Doc Holliday

Gentleman Gambler
When I constructed the original Bovee' & Defiance (BAD) Western, I made a rookie mistake in that it was a free standing 7' x 11' "L" shape with each leg about 4' wide. It was WAY too deep to reach across. It was in my basement and, having plenty of room, I thought why not? I'm now embarking on the BAD Western 2 which will most likely be limited to a 24"-30" deep shelf type layout, about 6'x10', in a shared room. I'm more into scenery than switching and am looking for an interconnected double track dog bone plan. As the name suggests, I'm modeling the Old West in HO and plan on having a couple of mines in each of the end turn-arounds and would appreciate any suggestions or advice.

Thanks

looking for an interconnected double track dog bone plan. ..., I'm modeling the Old West
Double track, and old west don't really go well with each other. But what I really wanted to ask was what do you mean by interconnected. I could guess you want the center of the dog-bone to be very narrow such that the tracks look like a double track main line. I would then guess you want crossovers between the two lines???

Double track, and old west don't really go well with each other. But what I really wanted to ask was what do you mean by interconnected. I could guess you want the center of the dog-bone to be very narrow such that the tracks look like a double track main line. I would then guess you want crossovers between the two lines???

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, was I?

In preparation of a pending move to Panama, I tore down my previous (and first) layout, the B.A.D. Western. It was a variation of Atlas’ “Super Pretzel” and had two separate basic loop tracks with a single point of interconnection, Here’s a trackplan.

13678124085_336a4dc67e_o.jpg

The prior layout proved to be overly ambitious and I won’t have that much real estate in Panama so I’m wanting to scale it down a bit into a shelf-style dog bone layout that still has two basic loop tracks that can be connected. I’m also considering a single, doubled looped tract.

Back