Looking for crazy 8's aka CSX 8888

Ok im trying to hunt down crazy 8's, aka, CSX sd40-2 road number 8888 in HO scale. This is the runaway train that inspired the movie Unstoppable. Reason is, is that I used to live real close to kenton (where the runaway train finally came to a stop) and I think it would be really cool to have one. Im pretty sure athearn made it, but I have searched the internet far and wide, and on ebay, but found nothing (either sold out, not in stock, or not for sale) So if anyone has info on where I might find it it would be greatly appreciated! And yeah I thought about getting a regular CSX sd40-2 and repainting the road number, buuuut Im not to skilled in the paint department and id like the engine to not look like crap lol

I never thought about the interchange ill have to try that, thanks! I found nothing on ebay, and we dont have a local train show for a while :/

If you can't find the excat unit wy not just renumber a similar one? CSX units, at least from what I can do with detailing, seem pretty easy to renumber.

Back