Looking for a modeller known as ‘Perkasie’

BigGRacing

Aka. Gary Russell
Hi there, I came across an old modellers forum at one time where a great modeller had great tips. His handle was Perkasie and he built a lot of the older bar mills kits and had a fantastic HO scale layout. Has anyone heard of him or know whether or not he might post on any other forums? I think the modellers forum website shut down.

trying to post an old pic

Gary
IMG_2814.jpeg

Just happened to run across your post. I live near Quakertown, PA. Perkasie, PA is about ten minutes or so down the road. Perkasie is such an unusual name, I pretty sure the modeler you would be looking for just has to be from there. I don’t know him, just caught the name.
I did find out there is a Perkasie Model Railroad Club there, perhaps he’s a member. ‘Mr. Sathra’ has some videos on YouTube, maybe that’ll help.
By the way most unknowing folks badly mispronounce Perkasie, which was a Native American word. We say Perk-ah-see with the emphasis on the Perk.
Good luck.

Just happened to run across your post. I live near Quakertown, PA. Perkasie, PA is about ten minutes or so down the road. Perkasie is such an unusual name, I pretty sure the modeler you would be looking for just has to be from there. I don’t know him, just caught the name.
I did find out there is a Perkasie Model Railroad Club there, perhaps he’s a member. ‘Mr. Sathra’ has some videos on YouTube, maybe that’ll help.
By the way most unknowing folks badly mispronounce Perkasie, which was a Native American word. We say Perk-ah-see with the emphasis on the Perk.
Good luck.
Thank you DeltaGlider! I had also noticed that local club when doing google searches. It really is sad when websites go bust and then all the good information is lost with it. It was an awesome modelling tips forum of all sorts. Thank you for reaching out.

Hi there, I came across an old modellers forum at one time where a great modeller had great tips. His handle was Perkasie and he built a lot of the older bar mills kits and had a fantastic HO scale layout. Has anyone heard of him or know whether or not he might post on any other forums? I think the modellers forum website shut down.

trying to post an old pic

GaryView attachment 174773
Did you use homasote on foam board? I think that would be a brilliant combination in built up areas....

Back