Loksound Decoder and cube speaker 8 pin plug

This might help.............from TCS decoder installs website.
Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 21-34-41 Train Control Systems.png

New question 58420 loksound decoder with the supplied 50321 speaker loco runs fine but I have no sound does this have to be programmed and if so how is that done ??

Attachments

• IMG_3357.jpeg
    IMG_3357.jpeg
    529.5 KB · Views: 17
New question 58420 loksound decoder with the supplied 50321 speaker loco runs fine but I have no sound does this have to be programmed and if so how is that done ??

It looks like the 58420 is a blank decoder, i.e. it doesn't have any sound files on it, you need to load what type of sounds you wish to use.

I've never done that, I've only installed a couple Loksound decoders, but those already had sounds built in. From a quick search, it looks like you would need to buy a LokProgrammer and connect it to a computer to install sound files. You may also be able to use JRMI software to do that, I'm not sure, but that may be an option according to some info I see online.

If you don't want to buy the programming equipment, another option is to see if there's any local hobby shops around you that have the equipment and would be willing to install the sound files for you.

Here's a video on YT with some info as well:

If you push the F8 button on your command station, it will turn on the default testing sounds. It would be a good idea to do that before trying to program it, to make sure it works "before you program it".

bnsf971 is correct. There should be test sounds on the decoder but they will not be specific to your locomotive. As far as I know though, nothing will program sound to the Loksound decoder except the Lokprogrammer. Programming sound is not the same as programming CVs, and JMRI is useless for this.

Hobby shops that sell ESU decoders will usually program a sound project to the decoder for free. You just need to tell them the sound project number from the selection at the ESU web site in the sound project library.

sKhk1XL.jpg

Back