locomotive repair?

what? where? who? do I send an HO scale loco that is out of warrenty but needs repair? Its a BLI AC 6000 that just stopped running if put on track it kills power to everything once taken off power is fully restored very odd? Any and all ideas are welcome

thanks,Jay

Mebbe a broken wire touching the frame? You'll have to lift the shell and you'll probably find that a wire solder has broken. Look first for a broken wire to the wipers, though, in the trucks.

BLI does repairs and return shipping for about $40, including parts, if the item is out of warranty. That's a bargain for a desirable locomotive...if you ask me.

I have an AC6000 that had that same problem. The picture below shows ya what happened inside. I sent it back to BLI and they repaired it free of charge. I have no idea why that happened.

BLIAC6000_zpsa9d8bc13.png

By your statement that once taken off power (removed from tracks?), power is restored. If you're using NCE DCC, this is normal, a short causes the system to shut down until the short is removed. Not sure if other systems do the same.

Digitrax does. It also sounds an immediate alarm of 4 beeps. Of course, before the first beep, the power has been cut to the layout.

Back