loco won't move after sound decoder install...

wongsing

So, I wired in a new sound decoder into my Atlas GP40-2 (Soundtraxx TSU-AT1000 EMD 645) and followed the instructions to a t (minus the wire clips...I soldered them instead very neatly with no damage to the PCB) and although the loco was working before on DC it won't budge now. I have a standard Athearn power pack that has an overload light and its not showing any overloads (i.e shorts, or bad connections, etc.) The strange thing about this is, the engine when given alittle voltage will play the startup sequence very nicely....Despite the amount of power given though, the loco just remains at idle afterwards and will not move forward or backwards. The lights will not light up either! I looked online for an answer to this but couldnt find anything. Any ideas!? The only one I can think of is that the decoder did not come programmed. I THOUGHT I had seen a similar problem in the past...When put on a test track, DC compatible option had been turned off somehow....Please reassure me that I didn't do something wrong and mess up this installation somehow! Also, I'm wondering if the sound is already turned up as high as it can be! Its alittle quiet as it is...

-Rich

Back