Little Tavern Hamburger Shop (N Scale)

Ladder 8's quarters 14 North Moore St, in Tribeca. Cool building. Fortunately, only two sides are visible, you can freelance the rest. The windows will be a challenge though. Good luck.

I'm going to cheat a little bit. Someone mocked up a paper model version of it that's printable.
https://originaldave77.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/gbfront1.jpg

I'm not going to use the paper prints for my final version. But it does give me a nice template to use where the windows and the door are already proportioned properly. I figure I can scale this paper version to the right size, print it, and just use it as a template to cut the windows and door out. That'll make it a lot easier than trying to figure out dimensions using photos that are taken at street level looking up (which distorts the image)

That'll let me make sure I have the brick and cement sections in the perfect place too and not have to eyeball it off a photo.

Keep in mind that the version as you see it in the 1984 movie is slightly different than as you see it on Google Maps today. Not only has it been completely renovated, but the movie made alterations like the Ghostbusters sign and stuff like that. So I'll have to account for those variances as well.

When I'm done I'll park this bad boy I made last year in front of it.

Attachments

• IMG_20151204_224930.jpg
    IMG_20151204_224930.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_20151204_224916.jpg
    IMG_20151204_224916.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 322
Last edited by a moderator:

Back