Lets talk steamies

All but 5 of my locos are steam. I run mostly brass, and I haven't found any of the "new" plastic/diecast locos to even come close to the detail of my brass. All of my locos are DCC, and have their speed tables adjusted to match the prototype's normal working speed. Total steamers, 16.

IMHO, everyone should have at least one steam engine. DJ.

PRR K4s No. 1361

P1040622.jpg

Being set in 1959 my layout is almost completly poulated by first generation diesel. However Caribou Lumber still has their 0-6-0t engine.
0-6-0t2.png

It's a bachman spectrum that I recently picked up. cute little thing but lacks pulling power.

* The CNJ roster was increased durring WW1 when the USRA leased 20 Russian decapods to the CNJ to assist with the additional train movements. The CNJ didn't like them much and used them on branch lines in Pennsylvania. It would be nice to find photos of them. They are out there somewhere. I was told they arrived on the CNJ little changed. Run as built other than adapted to run on Standard gague track, 4' 8". I redid two Bachmann Decapods. backdating them to almost the right time. I left the generator and electric headlight on tho the CNJ units didn't have them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back