Let's get LOADED!!!.....

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try not to break it in to many pieces.

Toot, thats just the type load I'm going for but I have the depressed center flat car for the tractor and it fits just like you said on the very outer edge. I have another regular flat car for the blade, arms and cylinders to be strapped down on. I can't run the 89' cars because of tight turns I have to stay 57' or below. I'll let ya'll know how it works getting the rivets out too.

Thanks.

I would say that would be exactly how it would be done if necessary on a real RR. Will be watching and keeping fingers crossed for you.

Well I got off my shift this morning, came home and started working on taking apart the D9T. I used a Dremel with a grinding wheel, jewelers screw drivers and a small tack hammer. First I split the tractor by taking out the two screws on the bottom then I ground off the flared ends of the rivets and carefully tapped them out. A couple were a little bit stubborn but slowly they came apart. Here is a rough look at how the load will be when done. I will add some weathering, blocking and chains to finish it off soon. While I was working on it my 2 year old grandson decided I also need to work on some of his cars and trucks too.:D

If you have a Tractor Supply close to you or go on line they have all of the Norscott stuff almost all the time for $12.95 & up. If they don't have them yet, they will right after Thanksgiving for the Christmas Gifting for all.:D

I know Hobby Lobby did carry Norscot for quite awhile but they have now stopped carrying the line at all. At least in my area they have. I've never seen them in the Tractor Supplies in this area either.
The D11T might be a bit harder I think they are wider and will need to have the tracks loaded separately by themselves. Maybe they will make one in 1/87 scale soon I'd like to try it just for the heck of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a Tractor Supply close to you or go on line they have all of the Norscott stuff almost all the time for $12.95 & up. If they don't have them yet, they will right after Thanksgiving for the Christmas Gifting for all.:D

Certainly worth a try, the place I quoted for them had 3@ $11.99 and got me in another 4 at the new price of $19.99. It still worked out $3-4 dollars each cheaper including international postage than I can get them from at the cheapest importer here (for the 7 total)

I know Hobby Lobby did carry Norscot for quite awhile but they have now stopped carrying the line at all. At least in my area they have. I've never seen them in the Tractor Supplies in this area either.
The D11T might be a bit harder I think they are wider and will need to have the tracks loaded separately by themselves.

I was told by one of my club members to try a John Deere dealer near me for tractor models but it was some time ago (never got round to it)

Yes, there's a youtube vid of a D11 getting loaded onto a road trailer and as you say the tracks hang over the side, but there's also another of some buildings being tranported by rail and they're overhanging the cars by about 3-4 feet on either side. You know what they say, if you look hard enough, you'll find a prototype.:eek:

This is my first attempt at a railroad load, was thinking of putting a heavy plant factory on my layout so i thought i'd better start making some loads.

The tracks are from an old 1/35 tank kit, the tarp is foil from a wine bottle on top of blocks of wood.
I have no idea what make the flat car is but it was cheap so good for me:)

Cheers Darren

Made up a dummy fuel tank that will be placed on a 40' flat headed to the shops.

fueltank1002.jpg

I was wondering about this today. How many large locomotive and rail car parts are actually shipped by rail? Fuel tanks? Cabs? Prime Movers?

I want to do this fuel tank load now.

Progressive Rail is one of those short lines that is begging to be modeled. Especially for a shelf layout. They do a lot more then just the specialized stuff shown in the video.

Jerome did you do those or did you find them somewhere?

I see PGR's switchers all the time in Rosemount and Lakeville, but I'd personally love to model their SD38-2 and SD39. They strike a chord with me not just because I live nearby them, but also because PGR #38 was a Great Northern unit. They also have a GP9 hiding somewhere, but I have never seen it.

The blue doesn't really look right though. Maybe it's your lighting.

Progressive42-PBieber.jpg

Steve, zI've got 4 of them in the works. 2 X #38, 37, 36

I should be suprised, but for some reason I am not. I learned a long time ago you're trying to model every diesel switcher that exists, lol.

I was trying to figure out why you have two of #38. Led me to believe there was a RTR model available once.

Instead of two #38's, you should do one of #74 and it's unusual color

pictures%5C74757%5CPGR74%20SW1500.jpg

Steve, my blue is close, that picture is a really bright flash. You know I have to model every switcher out there ;) I had the decals made up by HighBall Graphics. He made a set then released them to everyone. Set #L-234 it covers switchers and hood units. Never seen any Progressive switchers, I wanted to be the first to do them. ;)

Back