LEDs & Resistors - need help

Mattchu60

I dont like to solder resistors to LEDs (just not that good at it). I understand there are some LED's out there that have resistors already soldered on, which is much better for me. Anyone know a good spot to buy 10-20 LEDs that would work for this? They would be soldered to a soundtraxx AT-1000 board. I am looking for 3mm leds.

I also need to know what is a good general size resistor if I was to solder my own - my thoughts are to use the 750 ohm version.

I dont like to solder resistors to LEDs (just not that good at it). I understand there are some LED's out there that have resistors already soldered on, which is much better for me. Anyone know a good spot to buy 10-20 LEDs that would work for this? They would be soldered to a soundtraxx AT-1000 board. I am looking for 3mm leds.

I also need to know what is a good general size resistor if I was to solder my own - my thoughts are to use the 750 ohm version.

I typically just stick with a 1K or 1000 ohm resisiter for each LED.

Contact Jim at Richmond Controls in Houston, Tx...he's the go-to guy when it comes to MRR lighting and effects products and supplies.

I jsut picekd up an order this weekend at hte ATSF convention in Temple, Tx where he was set up as a vendor and got 24 SW0306 s/m LED's with 3.3K resistors. These are small enough to fit insidea ditchlight housing and have wire leads thru the back.

Web address is: www.richmondcontrols.com

Check him out- he'll have what you need for the Tsunami's.

prewired LED's 3 mm

Try this ebay link: shttp://www.ebay.com/itm/260797930242?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_3412wt_1013

These lights worked for me.

Back