Led wiring setup

I plan to use a double pole double throw switch (On-On) with a momentary pushbutton. One side of the DPDT switch will be connected to an AC power source and use the pushbutton to control the switch motor, the other side will be connected to a DC power source and control the LED's.

So, throw the switch to change the LED and set up the power circuit for the turnout, then push the button to activate the turnout.

As long as I "switch/push" the lights and track positions will stay in sync.

Doug

That's exactly how I'll be doing it, just need to find something to make my control panel out of.

yer m8 i did thanx.....
so you were a firefighter also...so was i..i was a station commander which i think is the same rank as you were...i was a permanent firefighter in sydney for nearly 30yrs...i retired in 2002 thru work injury banged my knees up fighting a fire...

I put about 20 years altogether in the volunteer service, got tired of the politics, grade school like behavior, and lack of discipline and called it enough.

hi tankist.just looking at the micro switch setup you have and it looks a great idea for what i want to do.
just one thing...how do i wire it up?
what wire goes wher? i presume i connect the led connectors to the terminals but which terminal and what about the power source
regards kato

for power i will be tapping either into the rail power with rectifier bridge and 7805 regualtor for constant voltage (for both DC and DCC operation) or the 18V power supply line of the CDU. wires from all the turnout position switches will be connected to a board inside my control panel with pin header connnectors. LEDs will connect to that board as well. for now the switches will be wired as polarity reversing DPDTs.

see my signature for the CDU and control panel threads

Back