Layout Progress Update.

conrail92

Layout Progress Update. Yard Update!

Well It's been about a year since it was started, Actually a Year and 2 months. And Progress has been a bit slow but steady. Many things have changed since then and everyday It's looking better and better. I Would just like too share some pictures of the layout with about 60% of the cork installed.
IMG_2060.jpg

IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

Still left to be done:

Finish Peninsula area.
Finish the yard track.
Ballast Track.
Install all the feed wires to bus.
And Start scenery!

The yard, feed wires, and peninsula area will be started Monday when my package comes. Hope you enjoy and I will keep you posted on the progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still left to be done:

Finish Peninsula area.
Finish the yard track.
Ballast Track.
Install all the feed wires to bus.
And Start scenery!

AH, just a couple things left to do...;)

Actually it's looking real good. Nice start to the layout. I have a lot of the same thing on my "To Do List". I can't wait to finally get into scenery. Unfortunately I see a lot of feeders soldered in my near future.

Keep up the good work.

Actually I purchased the atlas Pre-made feeders. Figuring with my solder mistakes they would pay for themselves :p

Say Conrail92,
Do you have a picture of your layout plan you can upload?

By the way what's your first name? We're pretty friendly around here.

Hey Aaron,
Welcome.

Nice plan. What industry is planned for the peninsula? For that matter what is planned for any of the spurs? I have almost all my track down for the layout my Dad and I are building and I'm still up on the air about a couple of the sidings.

Well Guess what my track came today along with my feeder wires. I started work on the yard and I finished the cork for the whole mainline. And it feels good to be almost done with the track work. Here are some pictures and don't make fun of my small yard :p
IMG_2075.jpg

IMG_2072.jpg

IMG_2071.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

don't make fun of my small yard :p

Hey, not everyone can have a BIG yard. It's how you use the yard that makes you a real man.:D Besides, if your significant other is happy with your small yard, then that's all that matters.:p

Only kidding. It's coming along nice. Can't wait to see the scenery. What region is it in again? I'm assuming your main motive power will be Conrail?

It's set to Western PA, A small rural farm area, so there are at most 4 industries, so a large yard really isn't needed. And close on the Conrail guess, But I'm modeling Norfolk Southern with some future retired Conrail Power.

Industries:
1. Lumber Yard
2. Farm
3. General Goods
4. Yet to be decided.

Back