Layout Progress BEnchwork Almost complete

conrail92

Picture009.png

Picture008.png

Picture007.png

Picture010.png

Heres my Benchwork almost completely finished about a month of work. And its looking pretty good. Alot of work but realy worth it. Next step is getting the money to start purchasing track and preparing for that

PS. Dont mind the crap laying on it just stuff i was taking pictures of too sale on ebay... If your interested im saling ho, g, and n scale track and things just look me up on ebay (cconrail92) large lot of ho track and flex

thnx, the last thing i need to do was to hang cloth of some kind on all the sides to give it a nice look and to hide all the stuff underneath with will be adventualy storage. And then lay the grass matt all over the styrofoam as a base for the scenery and whats to come a while down the line

Very nice, it looks like you took your time and did a great job. Before you cut out your foam and such with foam base scenery, I would like to recommend the subterrain plaster scenery way. I know it appears that you've made your descision, but 32 square feet of plaster cloth is MUCH cheaper than 32 square feet of even 1" foam. I would like to know a few things on your benchwork. #1, How did you connect the 2 x 4s lining each edge of your layout, and #2, whether you used 2 x 4s for the supports on the inside of the frame work or if you used 1 x 4s.

Thanks,
Spit

all supports are made up by 2x4's and the 2x4's are legs and the dont support just the end im not sure if you cna see them in the picture but there set up like this
layout.jpg
and the wood is connected to plywood with wood glue and screws and the foam wasnt that overly price i got 1" for 9.00$ for a 4x8 and it took 3 sheets

Last edited by a moderator:

Back