Latest locos for my fleet

Ronzzr11

I went to the local model and toy fair yesterday, and managed to get another couple of locos. An Athearn Genesis Alaska Railroad SD 70 MAC, and an Athearn blue box UP AC4400. I also got a pack of 5 Athearn Genesis UP coal hoppers. Everything was new in the box.Prices were ok as far as UK standards, the SD70 MAC was $104, the UP AC4400 was $56, and the 5 hoppers were $72.
Since I took the photos, I,ve painted the wheels with Floquil rust, and I,ve made a start on the AC 4400 handrails.
Ron

Sounds like the AC4400 came with handrails....and user must install them? Nice load of stuff from the model fair!

Mike

I went to the local model and toy fair yesterday, and managed to get another couple of locos. An Athearn Genesis Alaska Railroad SD 70 MAC, and an Athearn blue box UP AC4400. I also got a pack of 5 Athearn Genesis UP coal hoppers. Everything was new in the box.Prices were ok as far as UK standards, the SD70 MAC was $104, the UP AC4400 was $56, and the 5 hoppers were $72.
Since I took the photos, I,ve painted the wheels with Floquil rust, and I,ve made a start on the AC 4400 handrails.
Ron
You might want to add weight to the Athearn AC. It'll improve its tracking and pulling. Good deal. Phil

You,re right about the weight of the AC4400, it is a little on the light side for real tractive power, but I usually do what the real railroad companies do,just add more locos !!.
I did the handrails on the left handside last night, this evening, I did the other side, most likely I,ll do the front and rear tomorrow night.
The picture shows what the handrails look, straight from the box.

The AC4400,6839 I got last weekend, is just about finished. I need to get a snow plow,but that can wait until my next visit to Pennsylvania. I painted the last part of the handrails last night. Also I painted the cooling louvres with Tamiya smoke paint to make them look used.
Ron

Back