Ladies and Gentleman Now Introducing well i know ya already know

LATX

OK so Bachmann has added there hat to the ES44AC with sound and DCC but onlty offering the NS Harritage units.
Do you think they should of did something non-mainstream or what do you honestly think?

personally i am not happy as there are other units that should of been produce like EMD SDP40F, GE P30CH, EMD F59PH, Any MPI loco just throwing it out there im just sick of the ES series shoved in my face

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=258_288_622

It would be nice if they showed a pre-production sample instead of prototype photos.

I don't model NS, so none of these interests me. But with Athearn and MTH having the same heritage units. I think Bachmann is late to the party. But we'll see when they are realeased, I'm sure they will sell well.

With the reputation of Bachmann as a more toy like model, I think I would wait to actually see one operating and be able to see the detail in hand before buying one or some.

With the reputation of Bachmann as a more toy like model, I think I would wait to actually see one operating and be able to see the detail in hand before buying one or some.

That reputation is quite old. Their newer stuff is far superior to the '70s stuff they used to hawk. The new sound equipped Bachmanns use a version of the Tsunami sound decoder. Quality wise, my most recent Bachmann locos were much better, than similar Athearn RTR series (RS3s). I'm not interested in the contemporary NS stuff they are offering.

Joe

They had a preproduction unit at the NTS in Atlanta. It ran very well, and the sound was magnificent, for a die-esal.

As they will no doubt be cheaper than the other offerings, I guess their slice of the market is assured and if quality and detail is sufficiently good, even more so. Lets face it, some of the detail on the others is too easily lost. I just lost a set of front MU hoses from a Genesis FP45 yesterday at the club when the plough fell off and I didn't notice they had dissapeared.

The thing I really love Bachmann due to of you want a super detail you can and enjoy the hobby like in the golden days and still have a ready to run unit if you choose

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

They are going after those of us who want these models and don't want to pay $400.00 per unit. I have a couple of their newer models. Nice stuff. Lots of bang for the buck.

bachmann is playing it smart
come in cheaper but run great, they will pull. sales from athearn &atlas

The thing I really love Bachmann due to of you want a super detail you can and enjoy the hobby like in the golden days and still have a ready to run unit if you choose

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Very true, and as Alan says, you won't go broke. I just priced a pair of Walthers Proto Reading GP30s. They were DCC/Sound, but were priced way over what I was willing to pay and that was the discounted price at Trainworld and Kleins.

Joe

Back